Thursday 6 June 2013

Quick and simple Bhel : 10 minute bhel

I was craving for some thing hot and spicy the moment, I started from home after work and was debating in my mind what will I cook or eat to satisfy this evening hunger. And to my relief , the moment  I reached home I saw this pack of puffed rice sitting on breakfast table . I knew it then and there what I am going to eat and enjoy this lovely Bangalore weather.

I prepared a hot cup of strong  tea to compliment this chat pat bhel to satisfy my hunger.



Here is the quick recipe:-


Serves: 1 person, increase ingredient proportion if you are making it for more people.

1 cup puff rice
1 small chopped onion
1 small copped green chilly
Salt as per taste
1 tsp chopped coriander
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp  zero number sev/ nameek / I used MTR namkeen

Optional/ Good to have :)
2-3 drops of mustard oil.
1 tsp boondi
1 tsp corn flakes ( use any type flavored sweet or plain)
1 tsp lemon juice.
1 tsp tomato
1 tsp roasted groundnut
Add any other nameek/ mixture/ vegetables like chopped cucumber, grated carrot if  you want. You can play with it as per your taste and interest.

Procedure:

-Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
-Add lemon juice
-Garnish with chopped coriander.

This helps to control quick hunger. experiment with it as per your taste and you will love it.

Happy cooking and enjoy namma Bangalore weather.





No comments:

Post a Comment