Tuesday 15 January 2013

Veg Pasta in White Sauce

First time I had pasta with my lil sis at Pizza Hut. Both of us just loved there mushroom spinach pasta in white sauce.

I have a habit that if I like some thing in food, art, craft, I want to replicate that on my own to see whether I can do that or not.

Same happened with white sauce :). People say it's very easy to prepare white sauce, but I made a couple of mistakes before I got this recipe and it works like magic. I shared it with my sis and friends and they also liked it, so it's error free..


Very innovative special decoration with apple pieces is done by B :).

Ingredients for preparing Veg pasta in white sauce.


  • 2 tsp maida  (all purpose flour)
  • 2 tsp butter
  • 300 ml milk
  • 1 bay leaf (tej patta)
  • 1/2 small onion
  • 1 clove (laung)
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • chopped vegetable, 1 zucchini, 1/2 yellow & red capsicum, 3-4 mushroom
  • 1/2 chopped onion
  • 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
  • salt to taste
  • Penne Pasta
  • Oregano Powder
  • Spring onion for garnishing.

Steps to prepare white sauce:-

  • Add bay leaf, onion and clove to milk and gie it one boil.
  • Remove bay leaf , onion, clove from boiled milk and keep milk aside.
  • Melt butter in a pan on medium low heat 
  • Add maida and keep on mixing for 3-5 mins.
  • Add boiled milk slowly and keep on stirring to avoid lump formation.
  • Keep on stirring until you get desired white sauce consistency and keep it aside.
Steps to prepare veg pasta:-

  • Boil Pasta in a pan with 1/2 tsp oil until it gets cooked.
  • Run boiled pasta under cold water, so that they do not stick to each other.
  • In another pan melt 1tsp butter .
  • Saute chopped garlic, onion, mushroom, capsicum, zucchini.
  • Add boiled pasta to veggies.
  • Add white sauce prepared earlier and mix it well, so that veggies and pasta is nicely covered with white sauce.
  • Add Oregano, freshly crushed black pepper, salt as per your taste.
  • Garnish with green spring onion and server Hot!






2 comments:

Unknown said...

One of my favourites.. looks yummy!

SohNi said...

Thanks Gauri

Post a Comment